Location: Virum, Denmark
Reporting to: PVA Manager UK & Nordics
Why Work For Hill's Pet Nutrition:
- The learning & development opportunities: You will refine your commercial mind-set, develop your nutritional expertise and continue to learn new skills working closely with a cross-functional team giving you exposure to all departments within the business.
- The challenge & variety: You will operate in a fast paced operational environment, directly impacting the day-to-day performance of the business, with personal accountability for your contribution.
- The global experience: You will have the opportunity to work with global brands, participate in global strategies with potential to develop your career internationally.
- The Hill's Pet Nutrition Values: To help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
The PCV is a varied and flexible role providing both technical support to veterinary customers and commercial support to regional sales and marketing teams.
You will be responsible for helping drive veterinary nutrition growth through influence of veterinary specialists, Key Thought Leaders, healthcare teams and veterinary students increasing recommendation and sales of Hill’s products.
You will ensure the highest levels of customer service and nutritional expertise in order to build trust and respect within the veterinary industry, delivering Hill’s products to Specialist and other Veterinary Clinic accounts.
This position serves as the technical liaison in Denmark; consulting, coaching and training Territory Managers for the Veterinary channel.
- 50% :Provide technical nutritional support to veterinary customers through telephone and digital support, as part of the Hill’s Veterinary Consult Service, 2-3 days per week.
- 30%: In partnership with our sales team regional managers and customer development team, develop and grow key opportunity customers through account-specific action plans and implementation of core strategies including WSAVA’s 5VA elements, nutritional seminars to support commercial objectives, eCommerce training and active recommendation to drive recommendation.
- 10%: Provide Territory Manager coaching, training and mentoring, eg Training for in clinic seminar delivery and practice business development.
- Provide professional support (lectures, seminars etc) to veterinary schools, and regional veterinary meetings as requested by the Veterinary Affairs Manager. Recruit, manage and work with our student reps to ensure continued contact with the next veterinary generation
- Deliver information on Hill’s products and services through excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills.
- Maintain the highest professional and ethical standards whilst representing the company
Total Percent (not to exceed 100%)
Complete 4-6 key competencies that the hiring manager is looking for in the ideal candidate. These competencies will feed through to creating a CBI guide.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets
- Must be able to work independently, manage a demanding schedule with irregular hours and manage travel within region to deliver internal and external customer visits/training; some overnight and weekend travel required
- Ability to make sound decisions under conditions of uncertainty or complexity
- Planning/Priority Setting
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Consumer/Customer Focused
- Relationship BuildingEducation & Experience
- Graduate degree in veterinary medicine
- 5+ years of small animal clinical practice experience
- Basic understanding of business terminology; good analytical skills
- Strong work ethic, professional appearance and approach, high integrity
- Self-motivated and highly competitive
- Passion for pets and nutrition
- Drive to grow and build an account base
To identify and implement strategies for improving and promoting veterinary recommendation of prescription and lifestage nutrition in a time poor veterinary workforce, where sales of nutritional products may be seen as a minor concern.
Juggling a highly varied workload, prioritising areas of most commercial importance, whilst being creative in providing time saving solutions to ensure continued widespread support.
Pitching conversations, presentations or technical materials and information at an appropriate level, whilst effectively communicating Hill’s evidence based nutrition and research, maintaining engagement and professionalism, without disparaging competitor products.
You will be expected to travel up to 30% within this position.
All candidates must apply here